Immediate CEO opportunity to join a growing Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) near Cape Hatteras, NC. providing year-round Rural and Seasonal Medicine. We are seeking an inspirational leader with exceptional business acumen to guide the growth strategy of the organization. With the support of the board of trustees and seasoned employees of two established centers, this role is ideal for an innovative health care executive who loves to swim, fish, and reside on an island!
- Manage overall operations of the Health Centers, the creation and/or application of policies, providing support to the Board of Directors, and providing liaison between the Board and the Center Staff.
- Direct Supervision of all Operations between both mainland and island FQHC Clinics to include a team of medical professionals and staff
- Present as a strategic leader to the board of directors driving the growth of the organization
- Oversee and execute grant management and budget
- Assure compliance with all legal and policy requirements of the Department of Health and Human Services, and with other legal entities
- Review and acts upon directives and requests of DHHS and other legal entities.
- Prepare activity reports and work with the Financial Director to prepare financial reports for the monthly meetings of the Board of Directors and assists with interpretation of Federal, State, and local rules and regulations.
- Prepare required grant applications and budgets to ensure sound financial management and optimum efficiency of operations.
- Maintain diligent monitoring of all financial activity to include accounting, budgets, internal controls, and annual independent audit.
- Review and provide performance evaluations, salary recommendations, and resolves personnel problems beyond the responsibility of supervisory staff.
- Maintains prescribed security controls to protect the Center against criminal and fraudulent acts and unnecessary risk or exposure.
- Face and speaker representing the organization among state and national associations, and professional activities which define the delivery of health care services and aid in both short- and long-range planning of health services and facilities.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with courses in healthcare delivery and business administration. Preferred graduate degree within areas of Public Health, Medicine, or similar.
- Minimum two years’ experience in supervisory capacities with hospitals, urgent care, or other healthcare facilities.
- Possess considerable initiative and judgment in formulating policies, planning, and analyzing health care activities, and selecting personnel.
- Ability to analyze operations to revise for stronger efficiency.
- Positive management style and experience in governmental grants management.
- Ability to work respectfully and effectively with other medical staff, patients, and subordinates.
- Ability to meet and communicate effectively with Federal, State, and local officials.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), highly regarded
Opportunity to live on either mainland NC or the Islands
Qualified candidates should apply below AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Sparks Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, citizenship, family status, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you're new to Sparks Group, please upload your resume below to apply
The following information was not found in your resume and is required to submit your application.
In order to better match you to available positions, please confirm the following information.
Password must contain: at least 8 characters, 1 capital letter, 1 number, and 1 special character